Girl Scout and Boy Scout Troops
Have your Scouts earn their full pottery badge with hands-on activities
In a two and a half hour session, your scouts can complete most of their badge requirements including:
2.5 hour session offered in our Studio during our off peak hours: Fridays 3-5:30 or 4-6:30, Saturdays from 4:30-7:00 or Sundays from 4-6:30
Create 2 pottery projects (including glazing)
Visit a gallery
Meet an artist
Visit a kiln room and learn about various types of kilns and the life cycle of creating a piece of pottery, and all of the terms associated with it.
DETAILS... DETAILS... DETAILS
Cost is $20.00 per child, with a $120 minimum (6 kids)
We provide the materials and tools for each child, instructors, information and activities to work toward earning their full badge requirements.
Expect this workshop to take 2 hours.
PLEASE NOTE: due to high demand, we require at least two weeks notice to schedule parties.
So how does this work?
1. Call or email us with the date and time of your choice.
2. Reserve your date and time with a credit card and a $60 deposit, refundable up to 72 hours until your party date. The remaining amount is due on the day of the event. We require an estimate for the number of troops 72 hours prior to the date, so that we can make sure we have enough instructors. Due to other classes going on during the week in our studio, we offer scout badge sessions on the following days: Fridays 3-5, Saturdays from 4:30-6:30 or Sundays from 4-6
3. Let everyone know! Have the kids bring along a large t-shirt to wear over their party clothes, because getting messy is half the fun!
4. Show up! We will have instructors designated just for your party including a packet of information for each scout.
5. Sit back and let them learn and create for 2 hours.
6. Our kiln managers will then dry and fire your items. This process takes from 2-3 weeks to properly dry and fire the works. We will contact you by email or phone when they are ready to be picked up from our facility.
Let us help your Scouts earn their Pottery Badges!